Lomo Instant Wide Modification

I have been working on this Lomo’ Instant Wide – Magician edition for awhile and just released officially today in Lomography magazine. If you are interested to get one, please feel free to leave a message in this blog. 🙂

It provides an answer to something that people keep asking about. Is it possible to modify a Lomo’ Instant Wide? How to enhance the picture quality of the Lomography camera? It uses again a vintage lens that enhances the photo quality to our golden film era. It also brings a lot of fun and excitement to the instant photography. It frees the photographer from the prison of the automatic shooting mode. It enables him to decide what’s the optimised settings to shoot under particular situation, and every situation can be different. It puts the control back to the photographer.

I truly feel that after we got a taste of the convenience from modern technology, like in digital photography, online shopping, meal delivery, video on demand, instant messaging, we will reach a point that we start to treasure the “real life experience” that we have before these technological advancement.

We will turn to treasure the face to face interaction and conversation with our friends, the joy of walking into your favourite shops, the dining experience in the local restaurants. The joy of film photography is no different. The process of composing a picture, determining exposures, and the intense moment of trigger the shutter all makes the photo talking more memorable.
This is the camera designed for human. Feel free to take a look of the Lomography interview and the video demonstrations.

Sample pictures

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Camera modification and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Lomo Instant Wide Modification

1. zhentoutao says:

Hello! Can i find out more about how to get the camera if available? 🙂
    Email at Zhentoutao@yahoo.com

2. Sajesh says:

Wonderful project. I would also like to get the camera if available. My email address: sajeshcherian[at]gmail[dot]com

3. nobodyslepttoday says:

Hello,
    I would also like to learn more about modifying an a lomo’instant wide with a higher quality lens. Is it only possible when done professionally? Would one be able to send their camera to have it modified by you? Thank you.

4. Dan says:

Hi, I’m also interested in obtaining a modified logo instant wide.

😀

5. Sajesh says:

Hi,

I would like to order one if it’s available. Thank you.

6. Ang Tian Jun Xavier says:

Hi I would also like to find out more about the above camera!

7. Kathy Velasco says:

Hey there!

I, too, am interested in a modified wide lens!

8. Hey there, I would definitely be interested in this so that I can review it for my site. Feel free to drop me an email 🙂 Stacey x